Global business requires interactive language skills, and today, more than ever, people must communicate effectively in English ! across borders and cultures through e-mail, in person, by telephone and with video-conferencing. More than 9,000 organizations in more than 90 countries use the TOEIC test to prepare students for the global job market, recruit high-achieving students, measure English-language proficiency levels accurately, demonstrate students progress and document program and curricula effectiveness.
With the TOEIC test, an employer can measure and compare the language skills of all candidates. The test assesses reading and listening ability (and writing indirectly), which cannot be assessed in an employment interview. The new TOEIC® Speaking and Writing Tests complement the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test for a full assessment of a person's ability to communicate in English across all four language skills.
- The TOEIC may also be used for other purposes: Promotion and lateral job changes: Specific score requirements can be set for different job categories, depending on the level of English required. Individuals benefit by knowing what TOEIC test scores employers expect in various job positions.
- Technical or professional training: The TOEIC test can help determine whether candidates have sufficient English to understand training programs.
- Measuring progress in learning English: Periodic testing helps verify that individuals are indeed improving their English ability.
- Determining the effectiveness of English-language training programs: When the TOEIC test is taken before and after language instruction, the employer can measure the improvement achieved. With a group of examinees, the scores give a good indication of the value of the training program
Institut MATCI Montréal is proud to offer ETS testing services including the TOEIC. The TOEIC preparation class at Institut MATCI Montréal offers complete documents and materials available to help you achieve a high score. These include:
- Real test questions including the newest question types and trends.
- Examples of each type of question.
- The most complete practice tests software from ETS.
- Timing and pacing your test preparation process.
- Personalized training methodology, finding your strong points and weak points and giving you unique instructions to benefit the most from the preparation process.
- Test skill instruction including skills and tricks to help you get a better score.
- Experience in TOEIC preparation instruction.